Based in Los Angeles, CA
SMS Racing is a game about the thrill of texting and driving. Do you have what it takes to race at the highest level while responding to your friends' messages? You don't want to be rude, do you?
SMS Racing is a sequel / reimagining of a game by the same name that we released as as a browser game in 2013. It received international attention from outlets such as TIME, Popular Mechanics, and Kotaku, achieved millions of YouTube views from the Let’s Play community, and has been downloaded by over 300,000 unique players.
- Respond to text messages while racing around urban and suburban environments
- Unleash the power of head-tracking technology and your musculoskeletal system to look at your phone or the road
- Avoid obstacles like cars and other pedestrians, or don't
- Divide your attention across a variety of game modes
- Better in VR than IRL
VR Jam Trailer (Pre-Alpha) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade E3 Showcase" SMS Racing, 2015
- "Oculus Mobile VR Jam Finalist" SMS Racing, 2015
- "The best virtual reality games turn your attention into a kind of currency; when you're looking at this thing, you can't be looking at that thing, and therein lies the tension. [SMS Racing] tackles this challenge in a wonderfully modern way."
- Ben Kuchera, Polygon
- "We’ve seen texting and driving games done dozens of times before, and it’s always the same feel. They’re usually a dry, boring attempt to educate teens of the dangers of texting and driving. SMS Racing comes in and completely changes the tune."
- Kelsey Sakamoto, Car Throttle
- "ROFL genius."
- Cliff Bleszinski, Twitter
2013 Browser Version
Original 2013 version of SMS Racing for browsers, created for Ludum Dare by Holden Link. holdenlink.com.
About Turbo Button
Turbo Button is an independent game studio in Los Angeles, CA. Founded in 2015, we build VR games and experiences that are accessible, comfortable, interactive, and most importantly, fun! Our team's history includes popular VR games such as "Adventure Time: Magic Man's Head Games" and "SMS Racing," and over a dozen console and mobile titles.
More information on Turbo Button, our logo & relevant media are available here.
SMS Racing Credits
Production, Design, Engineering